For the issue: STC seems does not work for wxstc.wxSTC_LEX_CPP, something found
through my tests,

1.       I found all the lexers (ASM, D, CPP, PERL, SQL) using LexerFactory in
the line like LexerModule lmCPP(SCLEX_CPP, LexerCPP::LexerFactoryCPP, "cpp",
cppWordLists) have the same issue.

2.       Please check the attached file, you can find that the first line in
the editor does NOT have a line number in the line number margin,  and the line
number 1 is against the second line in the editor.

3.       When I input in the first line (the caret is in the first line), it
seems the input chars are put in the second line.