Stefan,

Don't worry about my bubble, there isn't one. The keystroke watching
problem is one I was starting to consider. For about £8 one can buy a
little keyboard, more of a remote control with letters. If this were
plugged into the Pi for use when typing secure passwords could that help?
I'm guessing this would require the Pi to run both X2Go server and a client
with the person's laptop connected as a client to the same X2Go session. Is
this possible?

I worry that people would not want to bypass their familair OS and laptop
for day to day browsing as per your suggestion of inverting the idea. I can
see that is a great solution for an office environment though, excellent
even.

Thanks,
John