On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 5:17 PM Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de> wrote:

> #2  0x000055c236293ca6 in ProcXkbLatchLockState
> (client=0x55c2372372d0) at xkb.c:560
>
> -> Proc* is always a call from outside to an extension, in this case
> the XKB extension.
>
> So do you have some setxkbmap call in your shell startup files? What
> are they doing? Does this also happen with other session types (not
> MATE)?

After reading
http://soc.if.usp.br/manual/x11proto-kb-dev/xkbproto.html#Querying_and_Changing_Keyboard_State
and
http://soc.if.usp.br/manual/x11proto-kb-dev/xkbproto.html#Locking_and_Latching_Modifiers_and_Groups
I think this might be connected to one of the following:
a) you are using a special keyboard (hardware)
b) you are using a special keyboard configuration
c) you have configured a special keyboard configuration somewhere in Mate
d) you have configured caps lock/numlock being active on Mate startup
(I don't know if this is configurable in Mate)
e) you have caps lock/numlock activated on the x2go client side

Uli