> On Mar 26, 2019, at 12:42 PM, Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 5:17 PM Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> #2  0x000055c236293ca6 in ProcXkbLatchLockState
>> (client=0x55c2372372d0) at xkb.c:560
>>
>> -> Proc* is always a call from outside to an extension, in this case
>> the XKB extension.
>>
>> So do you have some setxkbmap call in your shell startup files? What
>> are they doing? Does this also happen with other session types (not
>> MATE)?
>

> After reading
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__soc.if.usp.br_manual_x11proto-2Dkb-2Ddev_xkbproto.html-23Querying-5Fand-5FChanging-5FKeyboard-5FState&d=DwIBaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=dLVKSi9prZLgr0ANz67KRW6KNG4wuMcyP9P3OoXQHso&s=qw-54H_gvD2qcXsBfZH1YCoVGQc5FdqkKLGR82JyjM4&e=
> and
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__soc.if.usp.br_manual_x11proto-2Dkb-2Ddev_xkbproto.html-23Locking-5Fand-5FLatching-5FModifiers-5Fand-5FGroups&d=DwIBaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=dLVKSi9prZLgr0ANz67KRW6KNG4wuMcyP9P3OoXQHso&s=JsyWI_DEOnTQ_5h5JPocIU3sKsNaHYRaDn1-DUjfIDQ&e=
> I think this might be connected to one of the following:
> a) you are using a special keyboard (hardware)
> b) you are using a special keyboard configuration
> c) you have configured a special keyboard configuration somewhere in Mate
> d) you have configured caps lock/numlock being active on Mate startup
> (I don't know if this is configurable in Mate)
> e) you have caps lock/numlock activated on the x2go client side

> a) you are using a special keyboard (hardware)
No.

> b) you are using a special keyboard configuration
No.

> c) you have configured a special keyboard configuration somewhere in Mate
I don't recall doing so.  The only thing I did is allow the Hebrew
keyboard (selectable in the menu bar), but I had used a Hebrew
keyboard prior to this problem.

> d) you have configured caps lock/numlock being active on Mate startup
> (I don't know if this is configurable in Mate)
I haven't configured either of these for Mate.  In fact, I'd like to
configure all keyboards to not use caps lock.  If you know a
way to do this (so that caps lock is inactive for me, whether I'm on
the console or elsewhere), please let me know.  Caps lock is an
annoyance at best.

> e) you have caps lock/numlock activated on the x2go client side
I have configured caps lock to be inactive on my Mac.  My Mac keyboard
doesn't have a num lock key.