Am 17.01.20 um 18:33 schrieb Tristan Miller:

>> So why don't you start X2GoClient on the local screen and connect to
>> 127.0.0.1 (or ::1, if you fancy IPv6) to resume your session?

> For the same reason I mentioned previously: because I need to run
> programs that allow only one concurrent instance.  Consider what
> happens when I am running my web browser locally on my X2Go server,
> and then locally reconnect to a local X2Go session that is running my
> e-mail client. If I click on a hyperlink in an e-mail message, it will
> try (and fail) to launch a new instance of my web browser.  As far as
> I know, the only solutions are to kill the local web browser and
> relaunch it within the X2Go session, or else kill the e-mail client
> and relaunch it locally.  I usually just kill the entire X2Go session,
> since it's rare that the session is running anything other than the
> e-mail client.

> If you know of a better way of dealing with this, I'd be happy to hear
> about it.

"You're holding it wrong."

Like I said, run X2GoClient in Published Application Mode, and make it a
habit to *always* use the "critical"/interconnected Apps via X2Go, no
matter if you're coming from remote or not.  You can run Browser and
Mail Client remotely, then suspend, then resume them locally (using the
X2Go connection to 127.0.0.1/::1), and they'll always behave like a
local application.

Or, if you want/need a full remote desktop, set your local machine's
desktop to a very minimal one, say, OpenBox spawning X2GoClient in
fullscreen, then use X2GoClient with the connection to localhost to
access your "real" desktop environment (MATE, XFCE, LXDE, whatever).

-Stefan
--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur