Dear $ALL,

As you might know, a few years ago, at "X2Go: The Gathering 2017", several key members of X2Go as well as members from other Remote Desktop-/Remote Application projects joined together to form the Open Remote Computing Association - orca e.V. - a registered association under Germanys Civil Code and also registered as a charitable organization, similar to a 501(c)(3) organization in the US.

This June, we joined betterplace.org for easier handling of donations.
They offer PayPal, SEPA Direct Debit, Credit Card, giropay/paydirekt and Wire transfer. And they also handle issuing donation receipts for us. (Note that while donations towards orca/X2Go are tax-deductible for German tax subjects, this may vary in other jurisdictions.)

The Commercial and Savings Bank Ulm, where orca's bank account resides, is planning a single-day sponsorship drive for all charitable organizations registered with them via betterplace.org, on Tuesday 2022-12-06 (AKA "Santa Claus Day") starting at 09:00 CET and ending by 23:59 CET - so that's tomorrow.

They will be matching each non-recurring donation up to 100 EUR with the same amount.

Also, all donations made on Sunday, 2022-12-11 and Sunday, 2022-12-18 will receive 20% on top directly from betterplace.org.

If you can, please visit the donation sites below and send a few €€€ our way. (But don't feel bad if you can't. Times are rough. We get that.)

We'd prefer if you use the German-language donation forms because with these, we know for sure that the donation counts towards the bank's pledge. However, if you're afraid of hitting the wrong button in a German-language form, feel free to use the link that points to the English version.

To donate towards X2Go:
German: <https://www.wirwunder.de/projects/111056?wirwunder=235>
English: <https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/111056?wirwunder=235>

To donate towards orca e.V., our umbrella org:
German: <https://www.wirwunder.de/projects/111057?wirwunder=235>
English: <https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/111057?wirwunder=235>

Kind Regards, and Thanks in Advance,
Stefan Baur