On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 09:18:08PM +0200, Stefan Baur wrote:
> Am 18.10.18 um 20:33 schrieb Chris Green:
> > Can I get x2go to do the same thing somehow?  Or, even better, can I
> > get x2go to use a connection already set up by ssh in 'ControlMaster'
> > mode?
>
> That "nc" thing in your ssh config looks weird.
> What you actually do want is the "proxy" feature in the session config,
> activate it, select the SSH proxy, enter the connection info for your
> proxy/jump host there, and the connection info for the actual X2Go
> server in the usual fields above.
> You can either have two session tiles, one with proxy settings enabled,
> one with them disabled, or go to the session config and check/unched the
> proxy as required.

I'm (fairly) happy to set up two configurations for x2go.  I'm not
quite sure how to configure the non-LAN one though, how do you
configure x2goclient to go 'via' system X to system Y?  Is that what
x2go's "proxy server" means.

Well, I've tried it and I always end up with an error box saying:-

SSH proxy connection error: Access denied. Authentication that can
continue: publickey,password
Access denied. Authentication that can continue: publickey,password

It *only* uses password authentication, no keys, but even when I enter
the right passwords it repeatedly outpus the above error.

--
Chris Green