On 6/18/20 10:48 AM, Neal Becker wrote:

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:02 PM Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de <mailto:ul...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 4:05 PM Neal Becker <ndbeck...@gmail.com
    <mailto:ndbeck...@gmail.com>> wrote:
     >> Please try to upgrade nx to 3.5.99.24
     >
     > Don't know how I'd do that.  Fedora 32 has 3.5.99.22, and even
    rawhide has the same.
     > http://packages.x2go.org/fedora/30/main/x86_64/rpms/nx-libs/ has
    what seems the same version.

    Check this site:
    https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?packages=nx-libs

Thanks for the tip, but there's no 3.5.99.24 there.  Should I file a bug report asking Orion to update the Fedora package?

Uli pinged me the other day so updates have been created.

     >> > Actually it's worse (and weirder) than I thought.  If x2go
    client is running, cut/paste doesn't work anywhere on my client
    side, not only within x2go client.  I just tried
     >> > cut/paste between tabs in chrome on my client (not within
    x2go) and nothing happens.  I then shutdown the x2go session on the
    client, and tried the experiment again,
     >> > and now I can cut/paste between tabs on chrome.
     >>
     >> I have seen slow (but working!) clipboard with chrome, too (and
     >> without any wayland being involved). So this might be a chrome
    issue.
     >> Please also check if you have some kind of clipboard manager
    running.

     > kde has some clipboard manager, doesn't seem to run as a separate
    process though (don't see it in ps).

    Yes, that's crap by KDE... You can disable that by fiddling with some
    config file but it tends to come back with updates.. However, as a
    test please use some other desktop and check if clipboard is working
    better there.

    Uli

What are the problems created by the clipboard manager? I've generally used Klipper (on EL7 at least) without much issue.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637