‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:53 PM, Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 11:23 PM kht-lists kht-li...@protonmail.ch wrote:
>
> > Recently I installed x2goserver on an Ubuntu Mate 20.04 machine and
> > x2goclient on my CentOS 7 workstation. I configured the session with "[X]
> > Try auto login (via SSH Agend ot default SSH key)" as I have an SSH key
> > installed on the remote machine. It connects fine over my LAN and I find
> > the CPU utilization on the remote machine much lower than with x11vnc which
> > I had been using. Her are my client related questions...
> >
> > 1.  What is the CORRECT way to disconnect from the remote machine and leave
> > the remote session (and the programs on it) running? The goal being to be
> > able to check back later on the status of the work which the remote machine
> > is performing.
>
> You can right-click on the x2go icon in you tray and select to suspend
> the session. Or you can close the session window. It will then ask you
> if you want to terminate or suspend the session. Of you can send a HUP
> signal to the x2goagent process of you session (on the server).
> Finally you can run the x2gosuspend-session command, but you must
> first determine the session id from x2golistsessions.

I do not have a "tray" on Mate per se. I do have a notification area on the top
panel but x2go does not show there (client machine).  I do have Suspend and
Terminate buttons on the Session information window on the big blue x2goclient
waste of space area. If I click Suspend it does close the window which shows
the view of the remote machine. By connecting to the remote machine with an SSH
terminal and examining what is running it appears that the remote SESSION is
running, not suspended (which my research lead me to believe should happen.)
And I can reconnect to the remote session which is a good thing. Thanks.

> > 2.  How does one connect to more than one remote machine? I have only been
> > able to do this by loading an additional x2goclient for the next remote
> > machine. This seems to waste a lot of real estate.
>
> For x2goclient there's currently no other way that to start it a
> second time (but you can specify the session to use from the command
> line).Or you can use pyhoca-cli (and maybe pyhoca-gui). I personally
> have no experience with the pyhoca tools.

On Linux I can launch many instances of the x2goclient. However, each instance
of the x2goclient can only connect to ONE remote machine. I am spoiled from
using vinagre to connect to conventional vnc sessions. It presents them in a
tabbed interface. Very space efficient and easy to switch between remotes.

> Uli
>
> > I explained my adventures in detail on linuxquestions.org but did not
> > receive any advice.
> > https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/x2go-how-to-disconnect-and-reconnect-client-4175684245/
> > Thanks,
> > Ken
> > I don't have a Swiss bank account but I do have a Swiss email address :-)
> > Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
> >
> > x2go-user mailing list
> > x2go-user@lists.x2go.org

Thank you Uli for your reply.