On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:20 PM Tom Korach <t...@safekeep.com> wrote:
> I connected to the same server using mobXterm (X11 forwarding): similar
> latency, this time across the board - mobaXterm did not allow forwarding a
> single application, so I connected to a desktop session. Both dbeaver,
> Firefox and the desktop in general suffered from latency (dbeaver was the
> most severe).

What about a single xterm? Is that fast?

You can disable the X server x2go is using (VcXsrv) from x2goclient's
menu. Then start mobaxterm and enable the X server there. I have no
Windows at hand to describe this more precisely, sorry.

> However, a parallel NoMachine solution had very little latency.
> Could this be related to SSH in general? or to XFCE?
> is there anything specific to tweak?

The only thing I can think of is that your session might use 3d
rendering which is slow. Maybe you can run dbeaver with
-Dsun.java2d.xrender=True.

Uli