On 2017-04-21 13:46, Jonathan Kew wrote:
I believe that xetex should be unaffected by that bug, because that
was an issue with the harfbuzz interface to graphite, but xetex uses
graphite directly without going through the harfbuzz layer (provided
you load the font with the /GR option, or whatever the fontspec
equivalent of that is).

There is certainly a bug in the way certain sequences of characters are output by xe(la)tex. Whether the bug is in xetex, or harfbuzz, or the font itself is beyond my ken. Martin Hosken (who submitted the harfbuzz bug fix) seemed to think that would fix the issue in xetex, but I'm not sure he actually tested it with xetex, which I suppose would require re-compiling xetex.

I can supply a simple XeLaTeX file for testing; it requires having the Awami Nastaliq beta font from SIL. I can also put you (or anyone else) in touch with the other developers of that font, although I suppose Martin is the expert on this issue.

I can also take this off-line if that would be more appropriate.

   Mike Maxwell