The "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 didn't support the
GeForceFX until XFree86 4.3, so unless that is Red Hat 9, you
don't have the driver.  You'll want to either upgrade to XFree86
4.3 or you can use NVIDIA's binary drivers available from
NVIDIA's web page, which will work with your current XFree86
version.

                        Mark.