Bart, thanx for the reply.

I guess the ultimate documentation is source code, but who wants to root thru that when there are 10 million other fires I need to put out.

Cheers,

Marco

On 4/16/2012 5:03 AM, Bart Mortelmans wrote:
Where on earth did you find this documented?

It sort of makes sense. Documentation mentions that, if mailproc.tab
exists, every line in it will be processed. And you actually need to put
"MAILBOX" in it in order to put an e-mail in the mailbox (if
mailproc.tab exists...). Most often, if you don't use "MAILBOX", you
will be using "REDIRECT" or something else. But documentation doesn't
say that some sort of default beheaviour will apply of mailproc.tab is
empty. So by not mentioning such a default it somehow does document the
/dev/null behaviour :-)

Sincerely,
Bart Mortelmans