Hello,
see these links:

"Linux file access monitoring":
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/12247/linux-file-access-monitoring

inotify-tools:
https://github.com/rvoicilas/inotify-tools/wiki

"Use kfsmd to keep track of changes in your filesystems"
http://archive09.linux.com/feature/124903

Besides this, you as an admin must know about all the software
that is installed on your system and is always running,
or is running via a schedule (ie. crontab).

It seems you have an addon-tool installed that does spam-filtering,
maybe a webmail addon with such spam filtering capabilities,
or xmail filters --> check the contents of filters.*.tab files in your
xmail directory (/var/MailRoot or somewhere else like /etc/xmail;
see of course also the docs of the xmail distribution for your system,
maybe there are 2 sets of xmail config files on your system?... :-).

You should also post information about your OS, the xmail distro you use,
start params / start-script, which addons or filters are installed etc.

Another possibility: maybe you have given a user access to your system,
and he/she is editing the spammers.tab file, thinking it is an individual cfg
file...

ciao
uenal