Too bad xmail doesn't have natively spf-support yet, many other mailers do:
http://www.openspf.org/Implementations

Here's a description of my solution of SPF with xmail:

I tried to use the xm-spf.pl, but perl reported some errors about
a missing component or so. Then I found a package named "spfquery"
in the Debian repository, it's an executable (or maybe just a perl script?).
So I managed to write a small filter programm (for filters.pre-data.tab) in
C/C++,
and from within that I'm calling the spfquery program with the right parameters.
This works well. I can recommend it.
It needs just 3 parameters (all supplied by xmail to the filter), like so:
  spfquery --ip=x.x.x.x --mfrom=u...@example.com --helo=hostname.com
and returns a few lines where the first is the status, like "pass", "fail",
"softfail" etc.
For more info one should consult the man page of spfquery.
But: one has to do some reformatting of the params, for example stripping off
the braces from the ip "[x.x.x.x]"

And here is an spf tester:
http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

Hope this info helps others wanting to add SPF-protection to their xmail server.

But beware: this stuff is IMHO very advanced stuff, one needs some experience
with DNS records, and some experience in writing a filter, ie. programming.
So, my advice: if possible just hire someone who already has experience in this
stuff and xmail.

cu
uenal