I have a similar problem.
Some users need send mail to some domains such as yahoo or hotmail, for some
reason the emails to these domains were transferred at very low speed,
making global mail queue slow.
I managed to solve it by raising a new instance of XMail, with only the SMTP
port number 1025 and the following parameters: "-Md -P- -B- -Sp 1025 -X- -Qn
3 -Y- -F- -C- -W- -Ll -Pl -Sl -Ql -Yl -Fl"
in smtprelay.tab file only the line: "127.0.0.1" <TAB> "255.255.255.255"
And in original XMail the following configuration:
smtpfwd.tab:
"*yahoo.com"<TAB>"127.0.0.1:1025"
"*hotmail.com"<TAB>"127.0.0.1:1025"

so you can separate these emails in an alternative queue with 3 simultaneous
connections form SMTP.

Cesar Meloni