it works now, I didnt saw exim4 was running
and blocking the ports. cause no logentry and no
error-message was provided, I cannot know directly
why it dont work.

thanks anyway. :-)

regards,
ralf moeller

Ralf Moeller schrieb:

Hi,
I tried to install xmail 1.27 on my VPS.
compiling was success
then I copied MailRoot to /var/MailRoot
and the /biniaries into /var/MailRoot/bin
the unreal start/stop script copied to /etc/init.d

but I need help in case of the base configuration,
I changed "xmailserver.test" in server.tab
to my domainname,

but on triing "xmail start" it says starting up
without errormessage but no xmail is in tasklist (ps -A)

and tools like xmgr (winversion) seems to work only when
xmail is started before (port 6017)

help any1 helps to to understand the baseconfiguration
and setting up a single useraccount ?

regards,
Ralf

--
MOELLER IT u. ELECTRONICS (In Gruendung)

Ralf Moeller
SchlachthofStr. 12A
D-27576 Bremerhaven
Telefon : +49-471-3095737