On 8 Nov 2010, at 03:34, Chen Shihai wrote:
> Recent days, I found that XMail failed to send mail to a mailserver
> whose DNS MX is configured as IP instead of domain name.
>
> Could anyone tell me how to let xmail work with those mail servers?

1.  Go to rfc-ignorant.org and report the domain name to the bogusmx list.

2.  Contact the owner of the domain and tell him to use Internet standards.
That's what they're there for!

3.  Install dnscache from http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html , and point XMail at it.
That DNS server will convert IP-address-like domain names into A records whose
value is the domain name (so a domain name of 1.2.3.4. resolves to address
1.2.3.4).  It also speeds up your MX resolutions when you run it on the same
box as XMail or in the same network.

4.  Or use XMail tables to manually route mail to domain servers for those
domains which are broken, and update them from time to time when the IP address
changes.

Cheers,
Sabahattin