> From: spy...@hotmail.com
> To: xmail@xmailserver.org
> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:54:51 +0000
> Subject: [xmail] weird error message
>

> Hello list,
>
> OK, I have a new weird message that I don't know know what to make of.
>
> I recently migrated an XMail pop3/smtp system to both XMail and dovecot.
> I 've done this on two sites. It's working like a charm.
> Until today.
> I am trying to send a message to a friend (working on the other site that got
> migrated to XMail and dovecot) and the message comes back with the following :
>

> --------------------------------
> [<00>] XMail bounce: rcpt=[s...@domain.gr];Error=[552
Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation -
<s...@domain.gr>]

> [<01>] Error sending message [1289928825150.b7b25b90.94d.325532.mailgate]
> from [mydomain.gr].

> ID:        <S2180E>

> Mail From: <m...@mydomain.gr>

> Rcpt To:   <s...@domain.gr>

> Server:    <mailgate.domain.gr> [xx.xx.xx.xx]

> [<02>] The reason of the delivery failure was:

> 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation -
> <s...@domain.gr>

> [<05>] Here is listed the initial part of the message:
>  (and so on . . . )
> --------------------------------
>
> Now, I've checked the users' mailbox and there's nothing in there . Nothing !
> No mail ! No files ! Nada !
> However, from wherever I try to send a message (a yahoo account I have, this
> hotmail account or my .gr account from my domain), it comes back with the
> "exceeded storage allocation" message.
> Ever a couple of other people tried it and it comes back with the same.
>
> Any ideas and help would be greatly apprecitated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Spyros

Well, this is me actually replying to my own message :-)
Looks like the problem was the "MaxMbSize" variable under
"/var/MailRoot/domains/domain/user" for each inidividual user.
There is a user.tab file, that you have to access and change the
"MaxMbSize" to whatever the admin desires.
This field is something that is disregarded by an MUA like
outlook; However if one invokes software like dovecot, he / she
must be carefull and tweak this.

HTH,

Spyros

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis