> Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:24:53 +0200
> To: xmail@xmailserver.org
> From: vert...@tsd.unifi.it
> Subject: Re: [xmail] IMAP clients resulting overcuota
>
> At 21.15 01/04/11, you wrote:
>
> >Recently, the directors of a company that uses a mail server XMail
> >have purchased IPhone terminals, which have set up to manage their
> >mailboxes through the IMAP protocol.
> >
> >This configuration has led to the creation of a folder "Deleted
> >Messages" and "Sent Messages" in addition to the folders that
> >normally exists. These new folders are used by the iPhone to save a
> >copy of sent messages and deleted messages.
> >
> >I've been checking the account settings in the iPhone to indicate
> >that leaves no copy on the server or sent items or deleted items but
> >I have not found any option that allows it. This is causing me to
> >reach their mailbox quota limit.
>
> Not sure that I understand your problem, but I'm running XMail on
> Windows, with a mailbox directory structure, together with a webmail
> client that creates its own folders for sent messages, deleted
> messages etc, like this:
>
> $MAIL_ROOT/domains/domain/user/mailbox
> $MAIL_ROOT/domains/domain/user/Sent
> $MAIL_ROOT/domains/domain/user/Trash
>
> etc.
>
> XMail totally ignores folders other than mailbox and only counts
> messages in mailbox for purposes of enforcing the quota limit. If the
> IPhone behaves like my webmail client, this should create no
> quota-related problems.
>
> Ciao, Francesco

Hi,

Had the same problem when I integrated XMail with dovecot.
You need to go to the users' XMail structured folders (e.g.
"/var/MailRoot/domains/domain.com/user")
and edit "user.tab", find MaxMBSize and set it to something like this :

"MaxMBSize"     "2000000"

Better make it 5Gb ("5000000")

HTH,
s.

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis