On 6 Jul 2011 at 13:36, Fred wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I need help to fight against spammers, here is a sample of an smtp log
> entry:
>

> "mail"  "mail"  "72.16.236.115" "2011-07-06 12:46:21"
> "ALEXSERVER01.ANDREWALEX.local" "hotmail.co.uk"
> "vreaus...@vreausutelog.com""obbard_d...@hotmail.co.uk"     "SE86331"
> "RECV=OK"       "legitusern...@legitdomain.com"  "2507"  ""
>

> I am receiving sometimes hundreds of this kind of email in a short time. I
> have tried black listing the IP and sender domain in spam-adress.tab and
> spammers.tab but they just change both and they spam again.
>

> The email legitusern...@legitdomain.com is a legit user on my server. I am
> using spamassassin, spf filter and RBL checks.
>

> Anyone has any ideas how to block these ****ers.

I'm using both "glst" and "spamassassin"

Glst is a bit tricky to setup for receiving email
where the sender attempts to sends same email from
a range of ip addresses.

I have to either whitelist or set a high score with
"spamassassin" so most of spam is blocked by "glst".

My mailboxes receive much more advertising from
legitimate sources than spam.

David