I'm also still here :)

I actually also found it annoying that the SMAIL logs show success, but don't show failure. I don't want to receive an e-mail about every message that can't be delivered, but if someone contacts me about an email he (assumes) to not have received, I want to be able to quickly find it in the logs.

You can solve this by editing QueueUtils.cpp and adding this around line 803 (just below "int iResult = QueUtTXErrorExNotifySender ..."):
> USmlLogMessage(hFSpool, "FAIL", pszReason, pszServer);

Recompile and copy the files to the bin-folder and from then on you'll see "FAIL" lines appear on the smail-log every time there was a permanent delivery failure, with details about what went wrong.

I actually only just figured this out. I have only tested it on a test-server, but not in production yet. Let me know if you see any problems.

Sincerely,
Bart Mortelmans