On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, k-essej wrote:

>i'm in need of libXxf86dga.so.1, i have the source of my current xfree86
>build (4.2.1). now how do i compile the library?
>blah blah bluh

That library should never be shared.  You are trying to run a
movie player or similar application such as mplayer/xine (the
most popular ones to show this issue) which was compiled on a
Linux distribution which provides shared versions of these
libraries (but should not).

The proper solution, is to download the mplayer/xine/whatever
source code or src.rpm and recompile it on your system, then
install it and it should just work.