Hi,

just to say I solved my problem and I thought I would let people know
what was my problem and what was the solution.

In fact, the DPMSQueryExtension is a symbol and as such it is defined in
a library. The one we're looking for here is libXext.so (strings
lib*|grep DPMSQueryExtension...) but I had two of them on my system and
the one I used was not the one with this symbol because the order of
library paths in my ld.so.conf was not right.

I changed the ld.so.conf in order to let the system find the good
libXext.so first (check with ldconfig -p) and it is now perfect...

François