Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:47:36 -0600
From: Jane Riese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Xupdate and predefined enitities

Hi -

I am using Xindice1.0 with a web application using Tomcat
and JSP/servlets.  I filter all form input so that special entity characters
are changed to the corresponding entity reference before insertion
into the database ( & to &amp;, etc.) However,  any use of the Xupdate API
fails even with converted  content.  I cannot tell my users they can't use
these characters as input and I don't want to retrieve the entire document
and string parse to do a modification.  HELP!

Is there a fix for this bug?

Thanks  -

Jane Riese