Jeroen,

thanks for your answer. Very helpful.

XhiveNodeMatcher doesn't verify the order of the attributes because the
XML spec. doesn't specify that attributes are ordered.

so why the "insert before" and "insert after" methods if only a "insert" method is needed? (I'm sure I'm missing the point, but I ask nevertheless :-) )

It seems to me that we need some fundamental discussion on the
maillinglist and fill the holes in the WD to make it a complete.

So since these two bugs are well known, I'll try to upgrade to the latest Xalan, ignoring these bugs.

I'm maintaining junit-addons on sf (collection of classes for JUnit) and if you want to donate the NodeMatcher class, let me know :-) I'm sure this class will be very helpful to other users.

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
Apache Xindice - http://xml.apache.org/xindice