Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:31:49 +0530
From: "M R Ananda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem while using XUpdate using XUpdateQueryServiceImpl

While updating a document in xindice using XUpdate scripts, the child
element 'xmlns:' attributes are moved to the root element. But how to make
sure that this does not happen. How to make sure that the namespace
attribute is retained in the same element.

The following examples illustrates the actual problem.

I have stored a document in Xindice which is of the following format

<Element1><Element2></Element2></Element1>

and using the following XUpdate scripts to append a new element (Element2)

<xu:modifications version="1.0" xmlns:xu="http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate";>
<xu:append select="/*[name()='Element1']">
<xu:element name="Element2">
<Document1 xmlns:Music="http://www.ibm.com/Music";>
<Document2></Document2>
</Document1>
</xu:element>
</xu:append>
</xu:modifications>

But the resulting XML is given below,

<Element1  xmlns:Music="http://www.ibm.com/Music";>
<Element2></Element2>
<Element2>
<Document1>
<Document2></Document2>
</Document1>
</Element2>
</Element1>

But the resulting XML should have been

<Element1>
<Element2></ Element2>
<Element2>
<Document1 xmlns:Music="http://www.ibm.com/Music";>
<Document2></Document2>
</Document1>
</Element2>
</Element1>

Can anyone please let me know what could be the problem

Thanks and Regards
Anand

Lars Martin                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-04347 Leipzig                                    Rohrteichstrasse 18
Tel: +49-(0)341-699 46 04                    Fax: +49-(0)341-699 47 04
Product Management BusinessServer BS1