I've been looking at this to see if I could figure out what's working.
Forgive me if these are stupid questions, but it's the first time I've
looked at this code...

I wanted to check if Lexus handles namespaces when updating documents.
I'm not sure if I have the most current source code - Can anyone point
me to a CVS repository that has the most up-to-date version of this code
so I can verify?

I found that there appears to be a main() method in the
org.infozone.lexus.XUpdateQueryImpl class. This main method appears to
take a file name for an XML document to be updated, and another XML
document containing the XUpdate commands. When I run this main method, I
am unable to get it working - I get a NoClassDefFoundError for the
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.PrefixResolver class. After poking around a
bit, it appears that this class has moved packages between the different
Xalan releases. The source code seems to be referencing it in its old
location, but the Xalan 2.0.1 JAR file that comes with Xindice seems to
have it in its location. I found a Xalan2 implementation of the
XPathQueryFactory class
(org.infozone.tools.xml.queries.xalan2.XPathQueryFactoryImpl), but have
been unable to get it working so far. So, if anyone can give me a
pointer that will allow me to easily test the Lexus implementation to
see how it handles namespaces, I will gladly take a look and see what
works and what does not.

Any help I can get on how best to test Lexus support for namespaces
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Tim