On 2013-12-16 Kevin Ingwersen wrote:
> But then I was kinda surprised to not find any LZMA documentation,
> although a lzma.h file is installed into the sytem’s default include
> path.
>
> I also couldn’t find any link on the offical xz utils site. So if
> anyone could link me to the correct place with the documentation,
> that’d be nice.

The API docs are in the header files. See at least these:

    $prefix/include/lzma/base.h
    $prefix/include/lzma/container.h

Those docs alone aren't nice when learning the basics. There are a few
example programs (more would be needed though) in
$prefix/share/doc/xz/examples which work as a kind of a tutorial. It
helps a little if you already are familiar with zlib's API.

If you cannot find the example programs on your system, download the
source package. The examples are in doc/examples and the API headers
with the API docs in src/liblzma/api.

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode