On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Lasse Collin <lasse.col...@tukaani.org> wrote:
> On 2015-05-11 Hochhaus, Andy wrote:
>> However, when I attempt to run parallel decompress I only see a single
>> core utilized.
>
> Threaded decompression hasn't been implemented yet. I see that the man
> page doesn't explain this. I have fixed it now.
>
> Once threaded decompression has been implemented, it will only work on
> files that have multiple blocks with size information in block headers.
> Files created in threaded mode of are such files. On the other hand,
> files created in single-threaded mode with --block-size option lack the
> size information and thus won't be decompressible in threaded mode
> (it's possible to do it if the input is seekable but it's likely that
> it won't be implemented).

Thanks. Is it possible that the NEWS file could be corrected for the
5.2.0 release as well? I suspect this should say "Multi-threaded
compression" (as opposed to decompression).

http://git.tukaani.org/?p=xz.git;a=blob;f=NEWS;hb=HEAD

69         - Multi-threaded decompression can be enabled with the
70           --threads (-T) option.

-Andy