> I like del.icio.us really, really simple - so that people can use it
> however they want. Many people are very creative this way; some much
> less so. But why prevent the "less creative" from being less
> creative?... I really don't get this.
Me too. Actually I motivated some friends of mine in using delicious.
They are not used to the internet very much and when I'm standing behind
them when they are bookmarking a page on delicious they often turn back
to me and ask "what tags should I use?"
If they don't know what tags to take, then they don't know what tags to
search for later. They have to come up with an idea or else this whole
tag thing is useless and they just take the tag "uncategorized" and use
fulltext search to search for the bookmarks later..

Another situation: I'm often lazy too and don't want to think of good
tags for a bookmark. That's when I often add tags by just click through
the "popular tags" in the bookmarklet popup. But at every click I think
for 0.1 seconds of whether I should use this tag or not.

You just can't sail around thinking in a tag application.
Delicous is a social bookmarking site. Removing thinking is removing
social..

greets
Philipp