On Dec 5, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Steve Kalkwarf wrote:

You can view a Note-with-image, then drag the image to Yojimbo's Dock icon. While this will create a new Image item, it unfortunately doesn't preserve the name or tags for the item.

Thanks. I used this method to convert my "note" images. Fortunately, there were only a handful of them.

Two observations:

Images are displayed on a gray background, so transparent images that "expect" to be used against a white background don't look right. This doesn't make Yojimbo any less functional for storing, tagging and searching for the images--it just doesn't look "nice."

Animated .gif files work in notes, but when I drag them over to create images, they become non-animated files. Easy to work around (by storing animated .gifs in a notes object) so long as you understand the functionality but something I'd like to see addressed. A little investigation reveals that Yojimbo is creating .tiff files when you drag an image into the Drop Dock. I just "converted" a (small) bunch of compressed .jpg and .gif files into larger .tiff images! And of course, once I "saw" the images, I deleted the original notes--except of course for the notes containing animated .gifs. (Note that I blame myself, not Bare Bones, for jumping in and converting everything without due diligence.)

I trust these remarks will be taken as observations, not complaints. Thanks to the developers at BBS for all the hard work in bringing us an improved Yojimbo!

jab