On Jan 18, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:

On Jan 18, 2008 1:00 PM, Alan German <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Jan 18, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:

     -- find existing note
     set mynote to first note item whose name is mytitle
             if mynote is missing value then
             -- create a new note
             set mynote to (make new note item with properties ¬
                     {name:mytitle, contents:"imported on " & date})
             add tags mytags to mynote
     end if

In my testing here, this causes an error (in Script Debugger) when no
such item exists.

Just for reference, I tested my version with Yojimbo 1.5 on Mac OS X
10.4.11 using Apple's Script Editor 2.1.1 (AppleScript 1.10.7), and no
error occurs when an item named by mytitle does not exist. Perhaps it
is a Script Debugger issue?

I should have offered similar clues -- sorry.

I'm using Yojimbo 1.5 on Mac OS X 10.5.1. I get the same error in Script Editor 2.2 (Applescript 2.0) as I do in Script Debugger 4.0.8.

Yojimbo got an error: Can’t get note item 1 whose name = "Friday, January 18, 2008". Invalid index.

Let's blame Apple, shall we? ;-)

Whatever works!

That's my motto!

Alan