How's this?

tell application "Yojimbo"
        set mytags to {"QLogic", "Diary"}
        set mytitle to date string of (current date)

        -- find existing note
        set mynote to first note item whose name is mytitle

        if mynote is missing value then
                -- create a new note
                set mynote to (make new note item with properties ¬
                        {name:mytitle, contents:"imported on " & date})
                add tags mytags to mynote
        end if

        activate
        open location "x-yojimbo-item://" & (get id of mynote)
end tell

I don't know of a scriptable way to reveal items in the main window (I
wish there was - it'd be useful) so the "open location" hack shows the
item in a separate window.

Hope this helps,
Jim