Steve, thanks for letting me know how it worked which showed what my problem was.

I had wanted to be sure nobody deleted a tag that was in use, and as Steve says, it was really a spotlight index problem.

That said, the spotlight index *can* be wrong and cause you to remove a good tag. I found that:

1) stopping Yojimbo
2) deleting the
/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Metadata/ com.barebones.yojimbo
   directory
3) Start Yojimbo

Recreated the spotlight index for Yojimbo which was the problem in my case and that things worked as expected then. My Yojimbo library is about 600 items, so this was quick, your milage may vary.

I am NOT sure if the above is a guaranteed way of getting spotlight 100% correct, but it seemed to work for me.

Doug