On 2008-04-10, at 07:56, Krzysztof Maj wrote:

On 2008-04-10, at 05:40, Charlie Garrison wrote:
Good afternoon,

On 8/4/08 at 8:54 AM -0400, Krzysztof Maj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, this is a one one to put hyperlink for the file, but inside the note. But how to store only sybolic links to file instead of physical one and do not count my hard disk space twice?

I think you need to explain your situation better. The file URL is effectively a symlink. Since a symlink is a file system feature I don't see any way of have a literal symlink. And I completely don't understand your comment about counting hard disk space twice. A hyperlink is just that, a link. It's not a copy of your file.

I know that symlink is just a link, but it seems that Youjimbo does not do it by default. It you drag a file to the Yojimbo it will be copied to the Yojimbo database. In this case you have the same file twice on you hard disk right? Have you ever seen SOHO Notes app? In that app you can store symlinks not a raw files and then you have two pros: 1. You do not count you HDD space twice, 2. When your program database crashed or developer say that he doesn't want to develop this app anymore, you have your real file somewhere on the disk. I am just lookin for application which help you organize your digital life, but I would like to avaid as much as possible some prioprietary database format risk in the future.