On Apr 14, 2008, at 3:09 PM, Krzysztof Maj wrote:
I ran into the same issue, and I came up with a very simple solution: don't use Yojimbo to store PDFs that you want edit or annotate. That's not what Yojimbo was designed for.

I've been using Leap

<http://www.ironicsoftware.com/leap/index.html>

for storing PDFs I want to edit and have been very happy with it. As a bonus, Leap also acts like Yojimbo for all my files that won't or shouldn't go into Yojimbo.

So does it mean that you can also store quick notes and images in it? What kind of database it uses? You know it like to find the best app for your needs, but I don't want to have four apps for four simple tasks ;-) For me this app looks like perfect solution, but only for PDFs right?

Yojimbo is better for Quick Notes and some images.

You can use Leap to catalog and find _any_ file type, not just PDFs. I like using it for images over Yojimbo because leap has a thumbnail view. Here's what I use Yojimbo and Leap for:

Yojimbo
   Passwords
   Software Serial Numbers
   Short Text Notes (e.g. recipes reciepts, articles, lists)
   Clips from Web Pages
   Small PDF documents that I don't want to edit or annotate
   RTF Documents
   Web Bookmarks & Other URLS (FTP, etc.)

Leap
   PDFs that I want to edit or annotate
   Images
   Filemaker
   MindManager
   Numbers
   OmniGraffle
   OmniOutliner
   Videos
  (Basically and document format that Yojimbo doesn't support)

Yojimbo is superior to leap in the quick entry department. Between these two programs I have what I think is the ultimate data organization system. YMMV, of course.:)