Luis,

On 3 May 2008, at 15:40, Luis Roca wrote:

I do have to respectfully disagree with the idea of a *correct* folder.
I’m not saying it doesn’t exist or can’t be part of a larger
organizational system. I just think this method can easily (and often
does) break down when a second user is introduced to the system.

There's a reason that *correct* has *quotes*. :-)

You are of course right that hierarchical systems can and do (often) breakdown. I'd argue that that is because they are arrived at too quickly. In order to be stable they must pick out real relationships and groupings. (I should have emphasised this.) Just examine the history of zoology or botany for plenty of examples. (Is a whale a fish?, and all that...)

Also, I didn't realise Yojimbo was a multi-user product. :-)

    (*See : “Ambient Findability” by Peter Morville and
        “Keeping Found Things Found” by William Jones)

Thanks for the reference. I'll check it out. May I suggest Aristotle's "Categories" in an attempt for balance.

BTW, I am a big fan of tagging -- for all number of reasons -- and, even when things are in their *correct* folder, how do I locate things? Spotlight of course. :-)

Have a good weekend.

Regards,
Carlton