Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:46:40 +0700
From: "Ari Bahar (DSR)"
Subject: Sampoerna Scholarship for 2002

Mungkin ada yang minat ...

IMPORTANT INFO:
If you wish to get further information, please send again another
e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and follows the instructions as set
out
below. You must send another e-mail with exact subject title as
instructed.

a). If you require an Application Pack for overseas MBA program, Please
type APPLICATION PACK-MBA OVERSEAS in the subject line.
b). If you require an Application Pack for local MBA program, Please
type APPLICATION PACK-MBA LOCAL in the subject line.

Dear applicants,

Thank you for your interest on Yayasan Sampoerna Scholarship programs
for Postgraduate Studies.

Yayasan Sampoerna is a private, non-profit and independent
organization.
Yayasan Sampoerna's mission is to assist the financially disadvantaged
Indonesians through various educational schemes. One of the programs is
awarding a full scholarship to enable them whom demonstrate excellent
academic, professional, personal and leadership potential to study in
the prestigious universities in Indonesia and Overseas.

Yayasan Sampoerna holds the scholarship programs annually. Our programs
are open and competitive based on merit and other eligibility factors.
Anyone can apply for this programs provided that they met the requirements.

General Information and/or The Application Pack will be sent to your
e-mail account, upon request, within 2 days. We advise you to check, clean
up
and leave 500 KB in your mailbox storage within these days to prevent the
documents being bounced. Any bouncing e-mail because of exceeded
mailbox storage, account in-active or other reasons will be deleted
directly.

If you do not receive a General Information (Inquiries) and/or
Application Pack as per your request within 2 days, it means
that Yayasan Sampoerna is having difficulties sending onwards
information to your e-mail account, as explained above. Due to of that, we
advise you
to download the Pack from our mailing list.

You are highly recommended to join the Yayasan Sampoerna mailing list
by subscribing your e-mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

We encourage you to join this mailing list, since it will be used
intensively for Yayasan Sampoerna to send onwards information from
Yayasan Sampoerna. You can also view the Selection and Recruitment Schedule
here (click the calendar button).

You can unsubscribe at anytime from this mailing list by sending a
blank e-mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for your attention.

Wan Putra
a/n Yayasan Sampoerna
Plaza Bapindo, Menara Bank Mandiri Lt. 18
Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 54 - 55 Jakarta 12190

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. Upon receipts of this e-mail, your e-mail address and the content
will be automatically deleted from our mailbox.
2. If you wish to get further information, please send again another
e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and follows the
instructions as set out below. You must send another e-mail with exact
subject title as instructed.

a). If you require an Application Pack for overseas MBA program, Please
type APPLICATION PACK-MBA OVERSEAS in the subject line.
b). If you require an Application Pack for local MBA program, Please
type APPLICATION PACK-MBA LOCAL in the subject line.
c). If you send a question for certain things about a program, Please
type QUESTION ON (type your subject here), (e.g. QUESTION ON tuition fee)
in
the subject line.
d). If you need to ask about general information or other inquires
about Yayasan Sampoerna and the Scholarship Programs, please type GENERAL
INQUIRIES in the subject line.

3. We will respond within 2 (two) days to your inquiries (- after you
sent another e-mail as instructed above). Do not send
your e-mail more than once and do not type the title in the e-mail
body/content. Again, Yayasan will not attend any incoming e-mails, if
the subject title/line is not typed/written exactly as above.

4. Application Pack will be sent directly to you by e-mail in .Pdf
format. You need to download the Application Pack using
Acrobat Reader. Make sure that your computer has been installed with
Acrobat Reader. (You can download the Acrobat Reader for free from the
Internet).

5. Automatic response that is bounced/returned, will be deleted
directly (the sender will not receive this automatic response). If you
received
this automatic response, you have successfully sent your e-mail. Yayasan
Sampoerna will not responsible if you did not receive the automatic
response.

7. If you require a hardcopy of the APPLICATION PACK, please mail to us
an A4 size envelope, write your address and attach sufficient post-stamps
on it.

CURRENT SELECTION PROCESS

1. Application for MM program (UI, UNPAD, UGM, AIRLANGGA) for 2002 has
been closed. Applications has been sorted and evaluated to select best
candidates for 2002 Program. Candidates are expected to start studying in
the
period of May - August 2002.

2. The program will be re-opened again in 15 June, 2002 (-
dissemination of Application forms). You may ask for the Conditions of
Award from now on
for your preparation. Selection will be conducted in September - November,
2002. Deadline of Application is 30 September, 2002. The Applicants are
expected to study in 2003.

3. Yayasan Sampoerna is currently conducting the 'selection process'
for Msi (management) - FE - University of Indonesia (period March 1st, 2002
-
July 20, 2002).

4. Any incoming applications will be directed to Msi Program - Management
Science, FE-UI (Program Pascasarjana, Ilmu Manajemen, FE-UI).

5. Upon the acceptance of this information and the Application Pack,
you are advised to find out directly about the Msi - FE at Msi-FE-UI Depok
for
the entrance test dates.
Please contact Ibu Meidy, PPS,
Gedung PAU, Fakultas Ekonomi, Universitas Indonesia, DEPOK at (021)
7872588.

6. Those who passed the Msi-UI Entrance Test must submit the Completed
Application Pack (Pre-Qualification, Application
Form, and other forms) by 20 July, 2002 to:

Yayasan Sampoerna
Recruitment and Selection Office,
Plaza Bapindo, Menara Bank Mandiri Lt. 18,
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 54-55
Jakarta 12190
Please type "Local National Msi-UI" on the top left side of the
envelope.

7. A brief selection's schedule for Msi - FE - UI - 2002:
a). Msi - FE - UI Entrance Test (22 - 23 Juni, 2002) and Announcement
(12 July, 2002)
b). Deadline of Scholarship Application (20 July, 2002). Only for those
who passed (- get admission) from MSI-Ilmu Manajemen, FE-UI, for September
2002's intake, both for Gelombang I or II)
c). Paper Process (20-25 July, 2002) and Announcement (26 July, 2002)
d). Psychological Test for Yayasan Sampoerna (27 - 28 July, 2002) and
announcement (29 July, 2002)
e). Panel Interview (1 August, 2002)
f). Announcement of beneficiaries (5 August, 2002)

8. The Application Pack for overseas program is now available. You can
start sending e-mail to ask for the Application Pack.
Completed Application must be submitted by 30 September, 2002.

POLICIES IN BRIEF

We would like to apologize if we could not attend all your inquiries
and questions. We hope that the following information will satisfy all of
your questions:

1. Yayasan Sampoerna holds the scholarship programs annually. Our
programs are open and competitive, based on merit and other eligibility
factors.
Anyone from public and private sectors can apply for these programs,
provided that they met the requirements.

2. Our Scholarship programs are only provided for Indonesia citizen
only.

3. Yayasan Sampoerna will grant full scholarships to selected
candidates, both for local and overseas program (living cost, tuition fee,
books
fee, research fee, and other fees depending on the programs).

4. We do not have yet a program for overseas undergraduate degree.

5. Currently, Yayasan Sampoerna does not have partial and/or individual
scholarship program. Yayasan Sampoerna does not have a "grant program"
for those who are seeking a grant for:
- financing current study.
- completing a study.
- financing a research (Skripsi or Thesis).

6. Scholarship will only be granted to those who passed our annual
recruitment and selection process and to study at the universities
recommended by Yayasan Sampoerna both for Local and Overseas programs.

7. At present, Yayasan Sampoerna only supports the Business and
Management program:
- for Local Program: MM (Magister Management) study and Msi -
Management only.
- for Overseas Program: MBA study in United States at universities
recommended by Yayasan Sampoerna.

8. Yayasan only supports postgraduate program for Master Degree only.
We do not administer yet scholarship program for Doctorate Degree (Phd or
DR).

9. The scholarship programs are intended to those whom are interested
to obtain their 1st master degree. Anyone who is seeking his or her 2nd
master degree should not follow the selection process. The application will
automatically be declined.

Sincerely,
Yayasan Sampoerna - 2002