Hi,

On 03/07/2011 07:19 PM, Jerome Renard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Patrick ALLAERT
> <patrick.alla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/3/7 Jerome Renard <jerome.ren...@gmail.com>:

>> There is nothing wrong being explicit about the content of the
>> variable, but I would refrain from using types like "Array", "List",
>> "Integer",...

> Maybe I have not been clear enough.
>
> The point is not to name a variable acording to its type for ints,
> floats etc, etc.
>
> The point is to provide a visual/semantic help for arrays (or
> hastables) *only* by suffixing them.
> Using a variable in its plural form might not be ideal for some
> people, this is what I am
> trying to adress with this idea, which maybe is a stupid one.
>
> The rest (int and others) remains unchanged.

Hmm, I generally don't like to change my coding habbits and by now we
usually use the plural form for stuff like $rows, $elements and friends.
This generally indicates that you have a collection of something, which
you can iterate over or access dedicatedly. I find it quite clear and
intuitive.

In addition, I don't see a point in changing this now and creating a
mess in the code due to the resulting mixture of both namings.

Regards,
Toby

--
Tobias Schlitt        http://schlitt.info        GPG Key: 0xC462BC14