>>> - is not XML based (Derick will appreciate that :P)
>>
>> probably the only one ;-)
>
> Not sure if this is a joke, but xml simply has to die (TM).

No joke. And XML has some good benefits. I don't want it to die.
Probably I am oldschool.

> Not a "good doc" by any stretch, but to hit the ground running:

> pake_desc( 'docs for the next registered task' );
> pake_task( 'init-me' ); // registers task "init-me"
> pake_desc( 'Builds the extension' );
> pake_task( 'build-me', 'init-me' );

> function run_init_me($task, $args=array(), $opts=array()){ echo 'hello'; }

Thanks, so far I understood - similar code can be found in the docs.
Still I cannot see why this is better than XML. But I believe its a
matter of view and taste. Maybe - if Zeta uses Pake - I will learn
more and use it myself.

Cheers
Christian