My Reply follows quote. On 13/12/2004 12:23 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I have:
>One color stylewriter 2400 that powers up
>One cable that looks like it's a printer cable and fits the right holes
>One Performa 6214 running OS 9 (and an OS 9 cd), that shows various
>things that are *not* that printer in the Chooser, the closest being a
>color stylewriter 1500 and a 2500.

I think the driver for the 2500 should work for the 2400. Perhaps the
1500 as well, though you may be "shortchanged" some capabilities.

>How do I get this all to work together and print?  It doesn't seem to
>be cooperating, and I can't see how to install a new printer and get it
>listed in the Chooser...  I've got both a printer and a modem port on
>the back that I've tried plugging the cable in and I've confirmed that
>the other end is plugged into the printer.  The Performa's got a Nubus
>ethernet card, but sometime in the last year and a half has decided it
>wasn't going to connect to the network anymore, so I can't download
>anything directly, but will burn a CD for it if there are drivers I
>need...
>
>Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

The "usual" way to do this, would be to install the printer software
from the CD (check to see if you have a folder called "Printer
Descriptions" in your system folder). In my OS9 System Folder, in the
Extensions Folder, it seems the printer drivers have to be at the
Extensions Folder leves. There is a subfolder called "Printer
Descriptions" but those files are not "seen" by the Chooser. If the
correct driver is in that subfolder, drag it out to the Extensions
Folder level. Restart and look at the Chooser.

If the correct driver shows up, then you should be set.

Plug in the printer cable to the Printer Port on the 6214 (power off,
of course!), turn on the printer and the 6214, select the printer
in the Chooser, try to print something.

Any idea what "broke" the ethernet connection? New router or switch
in the mix? Upgraded OS? Odd behavior, so something must have changed.

Ken

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal