On 4/10/13 11:46 PM, Laurent Bourgès wrote:
I see that some methods which take it as argument doesn't use them. And
most of the time we pass AATileGenerator and abox[] to the same methods, so
it could be merged?

For now I did not want to modify the AAShapePipe signatures: abox[] is
filled by AATileGenerator implementations (ductus, pisces, others) in order
to have the shape bounds and render only tiles covering this area.
You still have to check all the places, where these objects are filled and used, and refactoring is a good start, no? Otherwise, how can you prove that these arrays are used as you would expect, These arrays could be stored like the cache or re-used for other purpose(if someone don't want to create new arrays).
Probably it will be good to split all your changes / to a few CR.
 - cleanup
 - Some small changes which gave us most speedup
 - all other things.
??

Also I suggest to use jmh for java micrbenchmarks.
http://openjdk.java.net/**projects/code-tools/jmh<http://openjdk.java.net/projects/code-tools/jmh>
So your test will be:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~**serb/AAShapePipeBenchmark.java<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eserb/AAShapePipeBenchmark.java>

Thanks,