Hi, Anton.
Since OffScreenHiDPIImage looks similar to VolatileImage. Why we cannot use VolatileImage inside Swing everywhere? What happens if the graphicsConfig for the particular offscreen image will be changed/remoed/disposed? I suppose Volatile should became invalid in this case.

CPlatformLWWindow :
Why did you check scale when you try to find a necessary GraphicsDevice? Why not use the one correct device where the peer is located? Probably this code can be moved to the PlatformWindow interface?

FramePeer:
Do we realy need notifyScaleFactorChanged? Probably notification about replacing GC is better? In this case it should notify all listeners that GC was changed(as a result recreated all buffers). Volatile handle this automatically?

I suppose you disable volatile buffer in repaint manager. Why?

Note that we have a bug on Swing+retina+scroll, when we use volatiles as a buffer, I am not sure what we will get in case of BI.