On 06/02/2014 07:44, Joe Darcy wrote:

For the range of @SuppressWarnings("unchecked"), if there was already a declaration handy, I put the annotation on the declaration (minimal scope). If there wasn't a declaration handy and the method was short, say less than 10 lines, I put the annotation on the method. Otherwise, I introduced a new declaration to host the annotation, roughly

    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    Foo tmp = .... // generate the value with the unchecked condition
    existingVariable = tmp; // types match so no warning here
Okay, it looks like you've done as much as possible so thumbs up from me.

-Alan