Yes. I saw that (I reviewed the list of fixes that were made after the 1.3.0 release)
but JDK9 won't be supporting 10.9 so I figured it was not critical.

But also the function that is fixed is not used in our current code.
We do use hb_coretext_face_create but that is implemented differently.

So in all I did not think it worth an add-on patch to 1.3.0

-phil