I wondered what happened to that comment.
I am OK with this so long as Brian is OK with the TIFF changes.

-phil.

On 8/31/16, 11:55 PM, Jayathirth D V wrote:
Hi Phil&  Brian,

Before this code change there was no check for abortRequested() right after
processImagestarted() callback in GIFImageReader.java.
After code change we are checking for abortRequested() right after
processImagestarted(). So after this call there is no need to verify for
abortRequested() before processImageProgress() so I have moved the logic from
while(abortRequested()) { ... } to do {...} while(abortRequested()). I have
just removed redundant check for abortRequested().

Also as discussed offline I have made small change in JPEGImageReader.java to remove
initialization of "boolean aborted" variable which is not used.
Also I noticed that previously I was overriding comment present in same file
with new comment , I have corrected that mistake.
Please find updated webrev with the changes in JPEGImageReader.java:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/4924727/webrev.03/

@Brian : In case of TIFFImageReader, clearAbortRequest() was not called before
every read operation, I have added the same. Also I have removed
processImageProgress(0.0f) call which I feel is not needed as we have
processImageStarted() which will take care of it(Also to maintain callbacks at
same intervals as they are in other readers).

Thanks,
Jay