Hello,

I reported JDK-8210707: Some line shaped characters are not displayed
without Anti Aliasing [1].
With some specific conditions (For example, OpenSans light font, 22points,
U+007C VERTICAL LINE), the character is not displayed on AWT.

I understood it's not JDK issue, and reported it to FreeType [2].
But, they stated
> We lack motivation to track it down because the monochrome rasterizer is
not very popular these days.
I've explained my situation to them, but I'm worried about stagnating this
problem.

I appreciate any advice or support.

(I'm considering Phil's suggestion to work with Redhat since the
environment is Redhat Enterprise Linux.
This problem occurs with FreeType libraries of the latest, RHEL bundled,
and OpenJDK bundled.)

[2] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?54589

Best regards,
Toshio Nakamura