On 10/10/18, 6:07 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM Peter Hull<peterhul...@gmail.com>  wrote:
-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0
And this does make it fast again for me (paint time<  0.1sec)!

Which would sound like drawing wide lines on the software pipeline is slowing it down which makes sense except the next statement potentially invalidates that :
Also I tried on an older system with "Intel HD Graphics 4600" and it
did not have the slow down problem. So it seems to be quite specific
to my system.
Did that older system actually have UI scaling ?
What was the uiScale factor you saw on your "slow" system and what
is it on the no-slowdown system ?

In other words does

-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0

even change the physical size of the window on JDK 9/10/11 ?

Measure the actual pixels by using a ruler on your screen and  of
course you'll need to know the screen resolution you have in use
to do the calculation :

Screen width in pixels  X window width in inches / screen width in inches

-phil