Hi Phil,

Unfortunately I'm not a reviewer on 12 so I won't be able to OK for
you, but the patch looks good to me. We had found a similar issue with
Freetype and also came to the same conclusion that we should have the
rendering mode to version 35 I think.

I agree "better" is subjective, but I think this patch should be in.

Cheers,
Mario

--
Mario Torre